Friday, August 6, 2010

Texas BBQ & Boom Boom

So tonight Stephanie, Vicky, and I wanted to go out to eat and then just come back home and crash because it has been a long and stressful week at school getting things ready and we will all be working tomorrow and sunday. Linda suggested Texas BBQ and we were like sure, why not. Well I ordered a hamburger, hoping this place wouuld actually give me one, everywhere else a hamburger is a meatloaf sandwich basically. It was yummy. Vicky had her Texas shirt on and me my Wisconsin one so we started to a table of people (one turned out to be the owner) and got some ideas for other places to eat and places to shop for items from home that are hard to find. The place was so much fun, it was kind of like a dive bar back home, even had country music playing. Another man we told us about places to go bought us all a beer and chatted with us. It was just a really friendly place that we definiately want to go back to.

After we decided to walk a little bit in the rain and we were looking at a few cute restaurants and then see this cute little alley and decide to go check it up. I'm looking at the places and thinking wow that places looks cool, I'd like to eat there and check out that place. Then we all realize we are in the prostitution alley. There are ladies in the same dresses in each place and some even had numbers on them. Needless to say it was an eye opening experience. Can't imagine what people thought seeing three tall American girls walking down the alley looking around.

So tonight I had some Texas bbq and got to see the boom boom rooms ;-)

The school is coming along slowly. I found out today that I won't be able to use the mutli-purpose room (gym) when school starts until they put a real floor down and that I need to find another place. Kind of hard when there is no grass around our building or development. But detective Jenn found a ballet studio on the third floor that is almost finished that I can use for the first month of school. The pool also won't be done until at least september so I will have the kids three times a week for pe. When the pool opens up, it will be PE twice, swimming once for all the ages except nursery, they get swimming twice and no PE.

I've been making signs to put up in my room when it is finished but really need to crack down on lesson plans tomorrow. It is going to be tricky having the kids in a little ballet studio and also the older classes don't have many students so that should be interesting. Haven't really made lesson plans for a class of 4 and 6 but I'm up for the challenge. Oh on a high note I got more pe equipment in, not the stuff I ordered yet but some good stuff that I can use. Also they put a floor in my office/storage area and lighting, whohoo!!

Oh and I've discovered that I like Sauvignon Blanc better than Chardonnay!

No comments: