Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sushi

A bunch of us went to a sushi restaurant tonight, everyone was eating sushi, except me. I had chicken, rice, and edamame. I know I know, but the though of eating raw fish/meat makes me want to vomit, i did try a cooked roll from Sophie and I did enjoy it, minus the seaweed (not a fan).

School is going well. I still sweat insane amounts and at times think I cause concern to the other teachers (I blame my parents and being from the Midwest :-)) But I made it through my first 3 days last week and I'm already 2 deep into my first full week. Monday was my longest teaching day of the week and it went pretty well. I still don't have my equipment order from the states or a gym or pool but I'm making it work. It is just so great to be teaching, I love it. But it is exhausting.

The gym in our place isn't ready yet, it's on Vietnam time, which means double what they say and then don't hold your breath. So Vicky and I went to check out another gym in The Manor which is pretty close by, it is really nice and pretty pricey but at this point, I need a gym and the price is worth it so hopefully by next week I can sweat off some stress on the treadmill.

One last note before I call it a night. Jen and Danielle bought their tickets to come visit me in Vietnam for December 28th-January 11th. I'm super excited for my first visitors, we plan on going over to China for a bit to see Beijing and the Great Wall of China, among other things.

Now for some cheap DVDs :-)

No comments: