Sunday, May 29, 2011

Running again

So the past three saturdays my friend Crystal has stayed over and we get up and go running in the morning before she has to go to work.  She is in great shape and just runs at my speed with me which is awesome.  We get up super early and it is still hot and humid but better than the middle of the day.  But I actually look forward to these runs a little bit now, I mean they are super painful but I can feel it in me still, that I"m a runner.  I actually got up this morning and walked for 30 minutes with a colleague and ran after too.  I am so so not a morning person but after I get up and do my run I feel amazing and I am wide awake, it feels great.  I might try to stick to this. 

So the personal training is going well and I have already gone down one size and lost some weight, which is awesome.  But really the best part is I feel "me" coming back.  I still have a long way to go in my weight lose journey but I am just a happier person again.  The past month I have been really trying to eat better and keep up on my workouts and have done pretty well but really i have to thank my friendship with Crystal.  She is very active and doesn't like to go out and drink really so we just hang out and go to dinner, meet up on bike rides, go on runs and it is reminding me how much I love doing all those things.  Plus I am not getting those empty calories from drinking.  But no worries, summertime is a different story :-)

I was listening to my ipod on shuffle on my run and came upon my new favorite song right now, "Just the way you are" by Bruno Mars.  It is a great song and just makes me happy to be me right now.  I think every woman can take something from this song, listen to it! 

Only two weeks until I fly home.  I can't believe I made it a year here in Vietnam, it is crazy and awesome.  I am excited to explore more next year and would love visitors to do that with.  On my flight home I have an 11 hour layover in Tokyo so I am gonna try to do a quick look see of the city before I fly home. 

I hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day Weekend, I actually had to be at school for 5 hours today for Children's Day, but it was a huge success and pretty fun to see all the kids there. 

Two weeks!

No comments: