Saturday, May 21, 2011

Milestone

I am two weeks into my personal training sessions, three more to go, and have already lost 7 pounds.  My trainer is awesome but literally kicks my butt every session.  I often think "I'm paying for this?"  But I am pretty excited about the weight loss and overall toning up I've done on my body.  It feels nice to have a little extra space in my shorts, thats for sure.  The best part is that I starting running again outside.  I have only down two saturdays in a row and they were hot and hard but I did them.  I have a long way to go before it feels good to run again, but there were times when it did. 

Also since I started my personal training sessions I have been eating a lot healthier, so definitely working on an overall body makeover right now.  Jenn Lent is still going strong, over 2/3 through and no alcohol, chips, pop, or pizza. 

Just writing because I hit a milestone in my weight loss and I am pretty proud of myself and where I am going and what I have done so far.  I told myself that if I lost 10 pounds before June 2nd I could go to the beach my last weekend before coming home, still working towards that goal but might change it to a day at the spa so I can see friends here before going home. 

To all my friends working on getting themselves healthier and happier, you can do it.  I still have a long way to go but I'm here to say that the beginning part is the hardest.  Once you start it and stick to it you can do it.  Also working out isn't for everyone, I know that.  But if you do get out and do some sort of exercise you usually want to eat healthier after anyways so it is a win win situation. 

So stay strong and let's motivate each other.  I have three weeks until I am back home and hopefully you will all see a little more of the old Jenn (and not just my body :-))

No comments: