Monday, October 24, 2011

Pulled the band-aid off!

Today I handed in my resignation letter of sorts to the Head of School saying I wouldn't be coming back for a third contract year.  We were given letters of intent and would receive a $2000 signing bonus to stay another year and told to give them back this week and I handed mine back saying I would not be returning and then wrote an additional letter. 

Now you might say, "Jenn you told us a month ago that you were coming back to the states."  Yes that is true but finally telling the school and making it official was quite difficult, especially in this job market.  I am leaving a stable income, good job, and a bonus to go back to the states and the unknown.  It is scary to finally be out there, not knowing what is going to happen next.  I got a little teary eyed handing in the letter because I love the kids and I am scared.  So need my family and friends to help remind me why I am coming home and that it was the right decision (which in my mind it was). 

1 comment:

erica said...

congratulations Jenn! I was impressed when you decided to go abroad to teach (as that's more than I've ever done) and I know you'll do well once you're stateside again. I look forward to seeing you!