Sunday, October 30, 2011

Major Milestone

Tonight I ran 6 miles for the first time in, heck maybe forever and at my heaviest weight ever.  So needless to say it was hard, well the first 4 miles were alright but the last 2 tough but I finished it strong and I am so so proud of myself.  There are only 5 weeks until the Angkor Wat Half Marathon and I'm not sure I will be ready for 13 miles but there is a 10K or 6 mile race that day too and after today I know I can do that. 

Even though I am way way over weight it felt great running tonight, given it was pretty slow but 6 miles in 80 minutes, I'll take it.  I went over a huge bridge twice too and a couple of hills so I am pretty pumped and very proud.  My friend Bekah shared something with me, that I didn't get this way in one day so I can't expect to change it all in one day either.  Great words to think about. 

Anyways I am happy with myself and no matter what race I do in 5 weeks I and loving that I am getting my running legs back!

6 miles baby!!!

1 comment: