Friday, August 26, 2011

Big Step

So last year I had some teacher friends from another international school run in the 10k at Angkor Wat in December and I just thought that was so cool.  Well everyone knows I have always been a runner and love running even thought lately my body doesn't show it.  But I was intrigued by this and started researching it a few weeks ago and looked at the route of the 10k which is an out and back route and would be cool but the half marathon is around a bunch of temples (some that I got to see last January on vacation).  Anyways it looks amazing and I thought, "how cool would it be to say I ran my first half marathon around the 8th wonder of the world, Angkor Wat."  Well it is an international half marathon so pretty big and the airlines that fly from Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap are pretty limited and filling up fast, very fast.  I finally found a cheap flight that would work for me and booked it today.  I already found a 12 week training plan that would have me start on September 12th.  This is a pretty big step for me because I am running 20-25 minutes only right now pretty slow but I like a challenge. 

So gonna need a lot of support to stay on track for this but I am pretty excited about it, part of me is going crazy thinking WTF did you do but it will be awesome. 

Sorry I haven't updated lately on here but I wanted to share this info with you. 

I am running right now and doing personal training to get off a little weight before coming home for Kelly's wedding in a few weeks. 

School is going well, this is our third week of classes already, crazy!  Hope to hear from you all soon about my adventure!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Awesome! Good for you!

erica said...

pretty freaking' sweet!