Sunday, February 20, 2011

My New Ride

Today I bought a bike, before you all start freaking out, I bought a bicycle not a motorbike.   I am definitely not ready to ride a motorbike in Ho Chi Minh City yet.  I went shopping with a few other teachers and finally decided on a used bike from Japan that is a 3 speed cruiser, it is gold and has a basket, bell, and headlight (for night riding).   It is a Shimano retro style and has a super comfy seat.  It was only $92 bucks, pretty awesome price I'd say.  I also bought a bike helmet because my parents brain washed me as a child.  I'm serious, if I even think about going for a bike ride without a helmet I feel guilty.  But here in HCMC it was a no brainer really, they are crazy drivers.  Plus you have to have a helmet on motorbikes so everyone is wearing them anyways basically.  After making my purchase I rode around town with Vicky, we went and got dinner and stopped to get some new dvds, I'm excited to start watching, How I Met your Mother!  It was really liberating riding around on my bike.  It defnitely makes you feel more independent.  The funny thing is you ride on the road with the motorbikes right next to the cars and really they treat you just like them.  I can't wait to explore more on my bike, it was a lot of fun today. 

I heart my new bike!!!!

No comments: