Sunday, December 12, 2010

You know its time for Holiday break when....

....one of your lesson plans is submitted as "Balls."  That infamous last week of school before the holiday break is upon us and at this point I don't know how I'm going to get through it.  I think this will be the longest week ever, especially because we have our holiday concert   My room is transformed into a winter wonderland that they children will destroy given the chance in my class.  So when I am totally ready for a break I have to dig deep for some creative juices for activities this week, this is where "balls" came from. 

But on the positive side after this week I have three weeks off, PAID.  I could totally get use to this whole teaching thing :-)  Although I am not going home to see my family for the first time in my life I know I will have a blast traveling and seeing the world with my angel Amber.  We are going to Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, and Singapore together.  Then Nell and I are getting a beachfront bungalow on Phu Quoc Island for some relaxation for 4 days.  And then finally Jen, Danielle, and Aly get here.  I am so excited to see all of them, especially Jen.  It will be great to give them hugs, especially because I know Jen went to see my mom and Meelo, it will be like I'm hugging them too :-) 

I know this week can't be worse than last week, if you didn't hear Sophie and I both got food poisoning (cause unknown still) and I wasn't really functional until today, it was not a fun time to be had.  Now I am glad to have good health insurance here but going to the doctor is just a tad bit different here.  When they took my blood last time I was only 3 feet away from another dude getting his vitals checked, talk about client confidentiality. 

So fingers crossed this week goes fast!  Also that I start to get more excited about my solo trip, beach vaca, and traveling with the girls because I'm still having a hard time knowing I am missing Christmas back home.  I think I might need to just think about it as any other day, but that is sad in itself because I love Christmas.  But listening to Christmas music while walking down the street sweating is not quite the same as driving through a winter wonderland like back home.  One of the hotels downtown has flying styrofoam balls to stimulate snow, maybe I'll go sit in front of their window for a few hours :-)

1 comment:

erica said...

Still missing the winter wonderland of America's Dairyland? If you haven't seen it, you should check out the video of the Metrodome roof caving in -- it's crazy!