Monday, July 26, 2010

Good Morning Vietnam




Hey guys,

I'm starting this back up again to tell you about my adventure in Vietnam. I arrived at 10pm saturday and had to change my watch to 10am sunday morning. It was 90 when i got here with high, high humidity. The flights over weren't too bad. The first flight was tough because I was still a little emotional from saying good bye to everyone but once I was en route to Taipei I started to get excited again. I met one of the other teachers from my school on my flight from MSP to LAX so we chatted in the airports, which made things easier and more comfortable.

I have met a few of the other teachers and walked around and went to lunch with 3 of them today. The food was amazing and delicious! We went to a few markets and shopping centers and walked around the area. I didn't make it too long until the jet lag really set in. But all in all, it is so gorgeous and exciting. I've never seen so many scooters and motorcycles. They told us "don't hesitate" when crossing the street or they will hit you. It was a little scary and nerve racking crossing, just kept my eyes forward and walked.

Tomorrow I get to go see the school and how construction is going and hopefully take a look at our apartment. I can't believe I will be living on the 26th floor of a high rise, so crazy. I am sharing a 3 bedroom furnished apartment with Sophie, she is the art teacher. She is from MN, my age, and a new teacher so I think we will be a great fit and I'm excited to finally met her in two days. Well it is 2am here and I have orientation at 8:30am so I should try to sleep some more. I miss everyone but appreciate all the love and support!!

2 comments:

pseudoboricua said...

exciting!!!! so glad you started this back up! YAY!!!!! xoxoxo miss ya!

Bex said...

yay!!!!

So excited to see all your pictures. Such a different world from what we know here... :)

Soak it in, girl!