Wednesday, July 28, 2010

AC is my savior!!


The view from my apartment!!!!

Apparently it is unusually cool for the summer right now and I'm dying in this heat. It is like going from a nice cool comfortable room to the beach, yet you aren't at the beach. But I'm getting use to it, I hope or think.

My apartment is amazing, the view of the city is incredible and just unreal to think this is what I will be looking out at for the next year or two years. Still haven't really unpacked. I'm living in the one of the smaller rooms for the first half of the year, but I get to use the other room as well until we have guests. Sophie is in the master bedroom which is huge and awesome. I will hopefully take some more pictures and post them soon. But we have orientation from 7:30 to 3:30 everyday and at night I die. We are going on friday to get stuff for the apartment. Yesterday we went to a place that is kind of like sam's club and I bought a few things for my room and bathroom but we need to get more stuff. Unfortunately we have to pay first and then get reimbursed by the school later but things are pretty cheap here. You can get mixed drinks for about 3-4 bucks and beers for 2 bucks. All of the teachers and the head of our school went to dinner at this Viet bbq and we ordered tons of apps, food, and drinks and it was only $160 for 16 people, $10 each. I had an app, a smoothie, bottled water, glass of wine, and a combo plate of bbq. It was amazingly delicious. It kind of reminded me of melting pot but you had a grill in front of you.

I am still nervous about washing my clothes because they don't have dryers here and it is so humid I bet it will take forever to dry clothes. I can't find a drying rack yet but hopefully on friday when we do more apt shopping. House help is really cheap here though. I had a maid come through our apartment before we moved in to clean the floors, counters, wipe down everything, she did an awesome job and it cost $8. I can totally afford that once a week! Well time to go unpack some stuff before dinner at the head of the school's apartment.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Nice! Send me an $8/week maid, please! SO glad you're having a good time. Miss ya.

Bex said...

I'm with Morgan! I could use a maid, and at that price??? I'd be IN. That view is incredible - I'm so impressed. You guys could use your third bedroom as a drying room - the A/C will help suck out that moisture! :)

Unknown said...

Yeah $8 for 3-4 hours of cleaning. So hopefully we'll have her come once a week to clean up and maybe do some laundry.