Friday, January 21, 2011

Swimming classes

I finally started teaching swimming at school this week.  After all the stress of getting things ready, parents letter, pool and locker room facilities, etc it actually went pretty well this week.  It is nice to have my "own" pool to teach swimming in, now given I wish the pool was a little bigger and deeper, the shallow end is at my knees and the deep end at my mid thighs but it is perfect for my nursery, preschool, pre-K, kindergarten, and first grade classes and even second, third, fourth, and fifth had fun in it.  I forgot how much I love teaching swimming, also it gives me a nice break up of teaching PE in the gym.  I really like that I only have two PE lessons to come up with now and one swimming a week, only because of my limited equipment I have this year. 

Let me tell you how cute those little kids were, wow, so darn adorable.  Most of the kids here have the shirt/short one piece swimsuit with a zip-up front, so cute.  It was a blast being in the water with the kids, they were all so excited for swimming to start. 

I needed this feeling, it helps me stay motivated about my weight loss journey, to have that happiness from my job is very helpful.  I have done alright this week, worked out mon and tues and then two days off, but it was Steph's bday and we did play dodgeball for 30 minutes on Wednesday.  Anyways all day swim lessons wed and thurs took a lot out of me and I had to have my afternoon nap after. 

We have the New Year celebration coming up soon, called Tet here, we get a week off for it, SWEET!!!  But I plan on just sticking around the city and hitting up the gym and pool and saving money for when my mom comes for spring break and we go to China. 

Happy Friday everyone!!!

1 comment:

Bex said...

Yay for swimming lessons! Are people in Vietnam big swimmers? Or, are these children taking the simming lessons because of the type of school it is?

Hooray for a week off too. :) I wish I had one of those...